<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Pay close attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween, all you meta-stalkers!

The weather is great. I hope everyone will go out tonight dressed up as a stalker or something equally scary. Assuming I had to make a choice, I'm not sure which of those would be a better way to describe Donald "Poor and Stupid" Luskin, who has gone on to threaten Atrios with a lawsuit over a micro-sized post called "Diary of a Stalker."

This guy Luskin is sick, sick, sick -- the number of the beast. Just in case you're wondering, I'm not judging him on his physical appearance (as he does to others), but on the content of his character.

Luskin is obsessed with Paul Krugman, as a short visit to the Poor and Stupid website will show. In addition to his online accusations and attacks, Luskin appeared at a Krugman book signing, where he didn't identify himself until Krugman was halfway through signing a book for him. Krugman described Luskin's behavior as "stalking"

Here's how Luskin describes the man he loves/hates:
The nervous, stammering, shifty-eyed, twitching, ill-tailored, gray homunculus slumping across the table from Tim Russert Saturday night was simply not recognizable as the titan who strikes fear in the hearts of conservatives everywhere each Tuesday and Friday morning. He had all the talking points, but they seemed to be coming from someone else's mouth. It was as though, through some terrible casting mix-up, the part of Paul Krugman was being played by Woody Allen.
It was like he had met someone on the Internet, formed an impression based on pre-existing ideals, and gone into shock when he discovered what this person really looked like. If you were to see Luskin waiting in line at a future Paul Krugman book signing, would you think he was just a fan or a mentally unstable stalker?

I'd like to dedicate this song to Donald Luskin, PK:
I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.
You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?
This song has been ready for this very occasion since 1977. David Byrne even cries out later in the tune, "I hate people when they're not polite." For someone like Donald Luskin to threaten someone like Atrios for holding the mirror up for him, that's more than just impolite. It's downright pathetic.
eXTReMe Tracker
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?