<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Pay close attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

It's not just a theory, it's a real live conspiracy!

From the horse's mouth:
DOBBS: Mr. Aristide, first, you're in good health, you're in appropriate accommodations?

ARISTIDE: Yes. But my mind is in Haiti, where they are killing people, burning houses ... And that's why I call it a real coup d'etat, a modern way to have modern kidnapping.

DOBBS: Mr. Aristide ... are you suggesting that you were then in point of fact taken by force by U.S. military?

ARISTIDE: Of course, from Saturday -- from Saturday night, the 28th ... I was told that ... I better leave. And under a kind of diplomatic cover, they talked to me. And military talked to me. American agents talked to me. Haitian agents talked to me. And I finally realized it was true, we were going to have bloodshed. And when I asked how many people may get killed, and they said thousands may get killed. So using that kind of force to lead a coup d'etat, it was clear, as I said. [LINK] [Emphasis mine, ellipses in original]
Those are the words of Jean-Bertrand Aristide being interviewed by via telephone by CNN's hack Lou Dobbs. Notice the phrasing of Dobbs' first question about "good health." Do we want to know if he has a disease or if he's been physically injured?

BuzzFlash has repeatedly mentioned the name of Otto Reich in relation to the recent developments in Haiti. Although it looks like a German name (his father was Austrian), Reich was born in Cuba and is a "special 'presidential' envoy" to Bush. Right Web -- part of "the growing national movement of concerned citizens who are working to check the rightward drift of the [U.S.]" -- has a rather lowly opinion of Reich, who has been involved in things ranging from the Iran-Contra scandal to WRAP.

This Reich fellow sounds like a bit of an "unsavory" character to me. For more background on his early involvement in Haiti, read this article from The Black Commentator.
eXTReMe Tracker
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?